This one is always the first to go at gatherings. Two people can easily polish one of these off together, so if you are feeding more, I would recommend planning ahead by doubling the recipe.
*Ask the deli attendant to slice your cold cuts thin, but not too thin.
- 1/4 lb Genoa salami
- 1/4 lb hot capicola
- 1/4 lb mortadella
- 1/4 lb provolone cheese
- 1 package of fresh refrigerated pizza dough
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Roll out the pizza dough on a floured surface to make a 12- by 6-inch rectangle.
- Layer the cold cuts and cheese, starting with the mortadella, then the provolone, followed by the hot capicola, and lastly, the salami.
- Roll the Stromboli lengthwise.
- Bake in the oven for 60 minutes (1 hour) until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Slice the Stromboli diagonally into 2-inch pieces and serve.