- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Peanut Butter Cream (recipe follows)
- Cocoa Glaze (recipe follows)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round pans.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Bear for 2 minutes on medium speed. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour into pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Prepare and spread half of the Peanut Butter Cream between the layers; spread remainder on top. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Drizzle with Cocoa Glaze. Store, covered, in refrigerator.
Makes 12 servings
Peanut Butter Cream
Cook 1/2 cup milk and 1 2/3 cups (10 ounce package) Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Cool to room temperature (about 30 minutes). Gradually fold in 3 cups (8 oz. tub) thawed frozen non-dairy whipped topping. Makes about 3 1/2 cups.
Melt 1 1/2 Tbsp. butter; add 1 1/2 Tbsp. Hershey’s Cocoa and 1 1/2 Tbsp. water, stirring until thickened. Remove from heat. Gradually add 1/2 cup powdered sugar; whisk until smooth. Stir in 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract. Makes about 1/3 cup glaze.